Thursday, September 19, 2013

confrontation

I don't like confrontation and I don't like making others uncomfortable, angry or sad. I like to fill my environment with light and love, so when I get caught up in a situation that could result in confrontation - I run away as quickly as I can. It may show cowardice on my part, but I just want balance and harmony in my life and will do what I can to achieve that.

Now, I'm well aware of the fact that life is not all rainbows and lollipops. Bad things happen or rather uncomfortable things happen and I don't have control over what others do or say, but I can choose not to let myself be caught up in other people's drama especially if it's not my place to be.

I know that I can't always avoid confrontation, but when I am confronted with uncomfortable situations or confrontations I try to remain centered and balanced and do what I feel is best for those involved and when I can't help another with my presence then there is no need for me to stick around.

I've been abused in the past and at this point in my life I refuse to let anyone treat me as less than I deserve to be treated. I try my best not to hurt others or say things that might make them uncomfortable. I do not always succeed, but I try. I do this while also trying to be true to myself and sometimes being true to myself means just walking away. I do not have anything to prove. I will often know if I'm right or wrong and getting into an argument with another person isn't going to change anything most of the time.

I'm a big believer in turning the other cheek, so I just walk away for my sake and the sake of others. Maybe it's not always the right thing to do, but I find it easier much of the time. I try to make healthy choices and I don't always succeed, as I've said before I'm a work in progress. My life is about the journey not some destination, so I just keep moving along.

So if I walk away, don't take it personally - odds are it's not about you - it's about me taking care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment