Tuesday, September 17, 2013

gratitude

I originally started writing this post a little while ago, but scrapped it all because it felt a bit like I was whining about the challenging things happening in my life. Making a situation outside of myself all about me, so instead I decided to change my thinking and write about what I'm grateful for.

I'm grateful that I have a wonderful loving family. That even though the kids have colds right now, they are normally quite healthy and happy. I'm grateful that I have my friend Jenn in my life and that I've been able to be there for her over the last year. I'm grateful for the lessons about dying she has taught me, but more importantly the lessons about life.

Jenn went into hospice while we were on our vacation and I've been sad ever since I heard. I'm grateful that places like hospice exist to help loving beings like Jenn with their transitions beyond this life. I'm grateful to Michael Franti for visiting my friend and making one of her dreams come true. I'm grateful that the facility she is in was open to that visit. I'm grateful to Jenn's friends and family for showing her such support and love.

I'm grateful to OA for helping me find a way that food doesn't have to run, even though right now I'm so sad I'm letting food rule. I'm grateful for the lessons I'm learning about myself through my failures and successes. Over all I choose to be grateful for life itself.

I will strive to live a life of gratitude at all times and I will fail from time to time - remember I'm a work in progress. When I'm distracted by challenges and negative thinking I will change my thought process and remember that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment