Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happy First Day of Spring or Blessed Ostara

The following picture is dawn on the Spring Equinox at Stonehenge. It represents for me the promise of Spring and the launch of a new season with a new dawn.

We're celebrating Ostara (or the Spring Equinox) this morning with 3 or 4 inches of new snow that fell last night. This morning it's drizzling rain and it seems as though winter will never end.

But I know it will. I have faith and hope for the future. Spring with singing birds and fresh green grass will come and I'll plant a garden and maybe do my yoga outside. I just have to remind myself to be patient.

This is a good time of year for cleansing. I've already been working on that with my abstinence. I've cut all sugar out of my diet and have done so successfully for 20 days now. Ten more days and I'll have reached 30 days of abstinence. Yay me!

I'm thinking of doing a personal retreat and fasting cleanse for 24 hours at or around the 1st of April. I'll spend some time on my own, cleansing my mind, spirit and body. I'm not sure yet if it will be possible, but it's being considered.

This really is a special time of year. A time of new beginnings of rebirth or growth. I love it. As the weather gets warmer and the ground gets muddier I feel renewed with vibrant living energy. The best part is that here in Maine it happens gradually so I have time. I have time to wake slowly from my winter slumber, to blink my eyes at the brightening sun and peel off my layers bit by bit. I love this time of year - oh let's be honest I love all times of the year. I feel the cycles of the earth in the seasons reflected in my emotions and physical experiences.

A plow truck just drove by - it's the first day of Spring, but there is no rush. I just have to sit back and watch the world change around me and as it happens I feel the change within.

What a blessing the seasons are and how lucky am I to live here on this sacred ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment