Saturday, March 1, 2014

possible vs impossible

Sometimes it seems that things are insurmountable, that they are in fact impossible, but the reality is that there is possibility in any impossibility. It takes faith and acceptance and hope, but it is possible if you can find the belief. Things that are impossible today may very well be possible tomorrow of if not tomorrow then next week or next year. This is a fact that I must remember in my own life. I need to take things one day at a time as I fight my addiction with the help of my Higher Power. This fight - this path seems impossible, but that is not the case. I must cling to my hope and trust in my Higher Power.

Rob Brezsny, an author and astrologist, taught me that the Universe is conspiring to shower me with blessings. Those blessings are all around even sometimes hidden in mishaps, mistakes and struggles. My addiction is a gift, but I need to accept that gift for the blessing that it is, for the path it has put me on, for the people I've met through it. Sugar will not beat me, because I have community, support and a Higher Power that loves me and gives me strength to take if One Day At A Time.


No comments:

Post a Comment