Friday, March 21, 2014

little blessings

Is it so small a thing
To have enjoyed the sun
To have lived light in the spring
To have love, to have thought,
to have done?
by Matthew Arnold
(taken from For Today published by Overeaters Anonymous Inc.)

One thing I think I'm good at is seeing the little blessings in life as something important in my world, something to be grateful for. I think I'm conscious of the little things in life; the sunrise or sunset, a hug from someone I love, the kisses of my dog, the purrs of a cat, the birds outside my window, that first sip of coffee first thing in the morning.

This morning I had one of those moments. I was doing my yoga warmup and working on my core and I realized the movements that I was doing were easier than they were on Wednesday when I last did my yoga practice. I was so excited and so grateful that I could see the differences in my body as I work on strengthening and stretching my body toward more health. Not only did I notice the difference but the girl did and she made a point of letting me know she noticed. How blessed am I to have the support of my 10 year old as I try to make positive changes in my life? I'm so grateful for my yoga and for my daughter.

So many of my blessings are little things and really, don't all those little things make up most of life? They fill up the time and space between the big things and there are more of them than the big things. If I spend the time noticing the little things, I spend more of my time in a place of gratitude and that brings me closer to my Higher Power.

I challenge you to take a look around you today and try to find just one little blessing in your life that seems small, but is really big. Take a moment to feel gratitude for that one little blessing - it could change your life. If you feel led please take a minute or two to share that blessing with  me here or on my Facebook page.

Blessings are all around us. Look See!

No comments:

Post a Comment