Monday, March 3, 2014

Humility

Humility is something I struggle with and not because I come off as a particularly prideful person, but for the opposite reason. Humility isn't just not false pride - it's about knowing myself and my worth. Lack of self worth - something I struggle with by the way - is not the same as humility. Humility means that I know my self worth and understand that I'm not better or worse than anyone else. Let me say that again - Humility means I know my self worth and understand the I am not better or worse than anyone else.

In essence this means lack of self worth is just false humility and in a way is prideful because in trying to make myself less important than I am, I'm making decisions about my worth - who am I to decide? The Universe has made me to be a being of light and love and that has inherent worth. I'm worthy of love - self love as well as any other forms of love and my love freely given is a gift meant to be cherished and valued.

So today - just today 'cuz I'm taking it one day at a time - I'll do my best to remember that false humility isn't real humility and I'm a unique individual of light and love who deserves the blessings the Universe is showering upon me. I'll also remember that my love is a gift and that when others turn away from it - it's not because my love isn't good enough.

Blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment