Thursday, March 13, 2014

Prayer for a beautiful day

Step 3: Made a decisions to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him (or Her).

For me this step is about prayer. I have a complicated relationship with prayer. I would say, for me, prayer has changed into intentional action. I try to do the small things in my life with intention giving that over to my Higher Power.

I always felt uncomfortable trying to have a conversation with God, it felt forced a lot of the time. Just a little chit chat with this Being that is keeping the Universe up and running seemed so petty to me. Because of this I've found this step to be challenging.

I do spend at least 10 -15 minutes a day in listening to my Higher Power. I sit cross legged after my yoga 3 days a week and just quietly listening to ocean sounds the other days. I work on quieting my mind to hear the messages the Universe is trying to convey to me. I think listening is more important than talking, so that is where I give my will to that Higher Power that loves me and knows me so completely. She already knows when I think it so She doesn't need me to say it.

Wow I just had a realization; prayer isn't for my Higher Power - it's for me. Saying the words makes them more real. HP already knows, but sometimes until I say it I don't really know it. I need to say it - preferably out loud so I know in my heart that I've made that decision. That makes it easier to remember and commit to the decision that I give it all over to Her.

Look at that I learned something about myself this morning.

I've been thinking about why I write this blog, sharing my experiences, thoughts, journey. I mean I really am opening myself to all kinds of criticism and judgement, then I saw this:


and I know - this is one of the reasons I share so honestly and openly about myself. 

Then writing today I realized that this isn't all. I also write to learn about myself; to have those A-HA moments that I'm so fond of. Today I had one and doesn't that make it a beautiful day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment